The Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce wishes to acknowledge former CEO Mary Ann VanMeter on her retirement as of November 30, 2012 after almost 20 years with the Chamber. We are forever grateful for Mary Ann’s leadership, hard work and commitment to the Chamber and the community. Mary Ann has been instrumental in forming several valuable strategic alliances over the years and also was a founding member of the Nevada County Community Leadership Institute.
Assuming Mary Ann’s position as Co-CEOs of the Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce are Robin Galvan-Davies and Keith Davies.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors provide strategic leadership in the operation and direction of your Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce. Board Members serve a three year term starting in January each year. If you are a member and are interested in serving on the Board, contact Robin Davies or one of our current Board Members.
For a listing of the Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors – click here.
2012 Ambassador of The Year:Janet Douglas of The Holiday Lodge
Experience exponential benefits as a leader member of the Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce! Become an Ambassador.
For Ambassadors’ only, visit Ambassador Center.
• Works with Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in preparing Board agendas
• Provides annual performance review for CEO
• Develops annual budget
• Ties objectives to revenue goals
• Review cost to performance, staff, programs & membership
• Bring increased dues structure to Board annually
• Budget for, at least, 100 new members annually
leaders. Membership is open to all current Chamber Members.Ambassadors:
• Act as Public Relations arm and liasion for the Chamber
• Represent both the Chamber and their own business
• Serve as greeters at Business After Hours Mixers
• Coordinate Ribbon Cuttings for new members
• Provide outreach to current members
See Become an Ambassador for more information.
• Review Membership Application annually
• Update marketing pieces as necessary
• Focus on ‘value’ in membership rather than cost
• Implement ‘get a member’ discount
Tourism and Promotion
• Market and promotion western Nevada County as a tourism destination
• Create and distribution brochures and collateral materials for visitors,
residents and potential visitors
• Work with other regional organizations to promote tourism in the region
• Visitor Center Operations
• Weekly KNCO Chamber Update
• Community outreach
• Expand eNews and electronic communications
• Broaden website content and application
• Monthly Chamber Happenings column in The Union newspaper
Business and Government
• Monitor City Council & Board of Supervisors on issues affecting business