United Way of Nevada County Presents
August 26, 2017 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
United Way of Nevada County’s 11th annual BBQ Competition and Car Show “Grills ‘n’ Grilles” is one big event of food, autos, live music, and fun. The event will take place on August 26th, 2017 at Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley, just minutes from the historic gold towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City nestled in the Sierra foothills. This is an exciting event for the entire community and runs in conjunction with the third Annual Derek Sorensen Memorial Disc Golf Tournament.
- KCBS BBQ Teams will compete in four meat categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork roast and beef brisket.
- Backyard BBQ Teams will compete for a People’s Choice and Critic’s Choice award.
- Cars of all makes and models will be on display for viewing.
- A Gold Country Disc Golf Association Derek Sorensen Memorial Tournament will be played before the event.
- Community members will have the chance to come out and try some great barbecue, vote for the top griller and their favorite vehicle.
- There will be disc golf exhibitions, vendors, music, food, beer and wine, and a kid’s area . . . fun for the whole community.
This great event opens officially at 11:00 am for most activities (the Disc Golf Tournament starts at 9:30 am). Entry to the event and parking are free. “BBQ Buck” and raffle ticket sales will start at 11:00 am. BBQ Bucks are redeemable for BBQ tastings (both backyard and professional KCBS offerings) as well as drinks. Wine and beer will be available from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. Sampling for the Backyard BBQ competition and people’s choice voting starts at 12:00 pm. A sampling of the professional BBQ team offerings starts at 1:00 pm. Awards ceremonies and disc golf demonstrations happen throughout the afternoon with a culmination of the event between 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm when the KCBS winners are announced.
We hope you join us. We’re sure you will find this a fun, enjoyable event whether you’re there to show off your own vehicle or looking to demonstrate your cooking prowess or just to enjoy some fine barbeque and vote for your favorite. Check out the great cars, learn about disc golf and listen to some great bands while sampling California’s best barbeque, all in an enjoyable park setting.
All the proceeds from this event will go to the United Way of Nevada County Community Impact Fund. United Way of Nevada County commits funds to three critical areas: Education, Income, and Health. To learn more about the United Way of Nevada County and our partners, please see our Web site at www.uwnc.org